Darlene asked: How do I remove a make-up stain from a white, patent leather Coach purse with pearlized finish? I was in a make-up store and later found several marks that look like pencil lines on my purse, but are make-up colored. I had tested a liquid make-up and assume that the make-up got on my purse. I have tried warm soap and water. Please help.
Here’s a trick for removing make-up, as well as most other marks, from patent leather. More than just a way to clean, you’ll find that this method will also condition the leather.
You Will Need:
- Vaseline (petroleum jelly)
- Soft cloth
- Warm water
Steps to Remove the Stain:
- Smear Vaseline directly onto the stains.
- Wait several moments for it to get into the stain and loosen it.
- Wet a soft cloth with warm water and wipe away the Vaseline. The stain will come away with it.
- Repeat as necessary.
Additional Tips and Advice
- For stubborn stains, allow the Vaseline to sit for a while. The longer the patent leather is exposed to the Vaseline, the better it will work on tough stains.