I currently have British and Italian Shell Cordovan in black, burgundy, blue, green, and whiskey.
- 100% handmade without power tools
- Saddle stitched by hand with UV bonded, braided, waxed polyester thread
- Natural hand finish with dyes
- The inside is full grain black or brown
Good things to know about Shell
- Shell is a reversed leather – to thin it would be to lose the flexible and strong full grain. On a bifold the exterior is Shell and the interior a full grain leather in proper thickness. If it's just a card type then it makes more sense, but all Shell is not smart.
- Shell has a coating, so it should not touch Shell-to-Shell. That makes sanding marks (roundish markings)
- Unlike shoes, wallets are handled more and will get scratches and indentations (but unlike other leather won't fall apart). I recommend you don't carry it in the same pocket with keys.
- The initial coating on Shell will fade in about five months, so the difference in US, British, Italian, and Japanese Shell is in the craftsmanship.